Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pickle Talk My pickle habit started in third grade, I can't remember why, but I started having them as an after dinner snack. My mom bought me the Pathmark brand dill spears. I would prepare them the same way; on a paper towel (to soak up the brine). In fourth grade we had a class assignment to write to a company that we liked. I, of course, wrote to Vlasic. They sent me coupons, a nice letter thanking me for being a fan, and a book--101 Pickle Jokes! Pretty awesome, eh? I've been eating pickles every day for roughly 25 years now, and I have never gotten sick of them. I like 'em dill, I like 'em garlic, spicy, half soured, gherkined, just about any way. In restaurants I often ask for a plate of pickles after the meal is over (and yes I get strange looks from the waiters, but so what?). My latest faces are Target brand baby dills and their gherkins. I also like Trader Joes, Claussins, and those yummy little sliced dills you can find on your burgers at various eateries (Roy Rogers used to have really good ones). In Michigan my boyfriend and I bought some large barrel pickles, made with elephant garlic. My boyfriend bit into it and his eyes watered, and he looked in pain. He couldn't even finish his, but I thought they were great! I don't se myself ever getting sick of them, I always pace myself (I will NOT eat an entire jar for fear of getting sick), and anyone who knows me know I am the one and only "Pickle Girl." P.S.--What's the phrase heard most often at pickle card games? DILL ME IN. What's green and white, green and white, green and white, etc? A PICKLE ROLLING DOWN A SNOWBANK. Why doesn't a pickle like to travel? BECAUSE IT'S A JARRING EXPERIENCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment